Accident Claims (Defence)
BTO's reputation for pragmatic and efficient handling of accident claims has resulted in a significant expansion of our client base in this field. We are instructed by numerous large composite UK insurers, as well as by European and international insurers. We are now the sole Scottish solicitors for a number of these organisations.
Our experience lies not only in road traffic, public and employers’ liability cases, but in those cases requiring specialist knowledge in niche areas. We are instructed in:
- foreign and multi-jurisdictional claims
- contractor and sub-contractor claims
- tour operator cases
- claims involving clubs and unincorporated associations
- agricultural claims
- accidents arising from the leisure industry such as diving claims and claims from fairgrounds and theme parks
- claims arising from train crashes and collisions with rail infrastructure.
These often give rise to health and safety investigations or prosecutions and our accident claims team works closely with our Health & Saftey team on such matters. Also, we are instructed widely in respect of Fatal Accident Inquiries representing the insurers and the insured's interests in such cases.
At present, we have ten partners who work in this field, five of whom are Solicitor Advocates with rights of representation in the Supreme Courts. Within the accident claims team we have specialists in catastrophic claims and medical negligence.
Contact: Catherine Currie, Partner email@example.com