Until further notice, BTO does not accept service of any document or motion by email unless a solicitor at BTO responds positively to advise BTO are doing so. If you have no response within 24 hours and you need urgent assistance please email email@example.com
During the ongoing COVID-19 event if you are unable to contact any relevant individual at BTO by telephone or email please use our emergency contacts as follows:-
“BTO has carved out a name for itself in product liability work.” We have a solid track record in delivering results for our clients and are banded 4th for product liability work in the UK. Recognised for our “notable experience in advisory and regulatory work including product recall”, clients comment "BTO would be my preferred firm. They have a lot of quality under one roof." (Chambers UK)
What we do
- Pro-active in handling all the cases in which we are involved and work to challenging timetables.
- Recognise that close consultation with the insured and others in the manufacturing process or supply chain is essential to the way we deal with the case.
- Have an expert claims investigator who will carry out investigations and recover vital evidence which might otherwise be lost.
- Invest time in devising the right strategy to deliver the best result in as short a period of time as possible.
- We have expertise in mediation and negotiation tactics and use them to help keep claim costs down.
- We know how to work with experts to get them to deliver forceful reports which will influence other parties and the courts.
- We have an in house counsel with expertise in pleading product liability claims and of appearing in the higher courts against other counsel in Scottish cases.
- Experienced in handling cross border claims throughout the world and we have a network of other experienced solicitors with whom we work.
- Experienced in dealing with product recalls, trading standards’ issues and have had results exposing claims as being fraudulent.
- We have one of Scotland’s leading practices in health and safety and experience of dealing with criminal investigations, prosecutions and fatal accident inquiries.
Contact: Mark Morton, Partner & Solicitor Advocate firstname.lastname@example.org / T. 0141 221 8012
- Defending cases in court involving personal injuries
Defending cases in court involving personal injuries alleged to have been caused by defects in a range of different products like defective bottles, food products, bicycles, adhesives etc.
- Major product liability cases in France and Spain
Defending claims in France and Spain, arising from the supply of marine parts and refrigeration equipment.
Acting for the insurers of manufacturers of heating elements arising from proceedings in France and Canada.
- Pursuing damages for defects
Pursuing damages for defects caused by electrical fires from a range of different domestic or commercial products.
- Defending suppliers
Acting in claims which involve defending suppliers and pursuing manufacturers for relief.
- Acting for a major veterinary pharmaceutical company
Acting for a major veterinary pharmaceutical company in product liability proceedings in Denmark in which the client was awarded substantial damages.
- Advising on criminal investigations following deaths
Advising on criminal investigations following deaths alleged to have been caused by defective products.
- Fraudulent claims
Dealing with fraudulent product liability claims.
- Product recall and consequences of fatality
Advising vehicle equipment suppliers regarding product recall and consequences of fatality.
- Acting for insurers of supplier of agricultural products
Acting for the insurers of a supplier of agricultural products in product liability claims in Spain and the USA and consequent recovery proceedings in the EU.
- Acting for insurers of several suppliers of turbine components
Acting for insurers of several suppliers of turbine components in product liability claims in Belgium, Indonesia and the UAE.
"has carved out a strong reputation in multi-jurisdictional disputes. "Chambers UK
"BTO would be my preferred firm. The have a lot of quality under one roof."BTO client
"A good firm with sensible and quality practitioners."BTO Client