IT Contracts/Data Protection
Whether you require software for housing management or a repair management programme, the questions arising remain the same.
- Does the system do what you want?
- Can your IT supplier provide the level of service you need, when you need it?
- Does your system provider agree to repair times that correspond with repair deadlines set out in your leases?
Do you actually own your website? You may think you do but,
- In your contract with your website developer, have all intellectual property rights been assigned to you?
- Did you realise that legal ownership of a database is a separate legal matter from copyright, and what are the implications?
Where data protection is concerned, housing benefit and a common housing register can prove challenging. Some local authorities are demanding already the right of access to data including sensitive data. This is done under the guise of auditing compliance with standards or checking arrangements imposed as a requirement of funding. Data sharing is often something which RSLs can feel pressured into agreeing. We can explain the law and the options available to you.
Contact: Lynn Richmond, Partner & Certified Specialist in Cyber Security
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0131 222 2939