"A complete estate agency and conveyancing service under one roof.”
As both a solicitor and estate agent, we are uniquely placed as property professionals to carry out the entire sale process. BTO combines legal and marketing expertise to deliver a seamless comprehensive service.
Our team has been selling property for many years and our aim is to sell your property as quickly as possible whilst achieving the highest price.
On your behalf, we will:
- Arrange for our valuer to provide a free valuation of your property.
- Prepare a draft Schedule of Sale Particulars for your approval.
Advertising your home
Having discussed with you the best ‘advertising package’ to suit your home, we will:
- Put up a "For Sale" board or poster as appropriate.
- Advertise your property for a fee agreed with you in advance: in the Edinburgh ‘Property Guide’ ‘Homepages’ which is distributed from thousands of outlets. on espc.co.uk (one of the most popular property websites in Scotland) and on sspc.co.uk, Scotland’s largest property website.
- Register your home on the ESPC property service search.
- Also advertise your property on our own website, S1homes, Prime location, Zoopla and On The Market websites.
- Provide premium quality property brochures presenting your home to its best advantage.
Next, we will:
- Deal with all enquiries and schedule/brochure requests from prospective buyers.
- The ESPC has a call centre which means that even if our office is closed, details of your property whether it is on the east or west coast, can be obtained 7 days a week, both during and after working hours.
- Arrange viewings of your property at times convenient to you.
- Make follow up calls to viewers to gauge interest.
- When offers are received, we will advise you, taking into account marketing conditions, whether to accept an offer or when to set a closing date.
Legal Expertise - Conveyancing
Once you have accepted an offer, your solicitor at BTO will:
- Manage the transfer of ownership of your home to the buyer.
- Negotiate the contract (missives) with the buyer’s solicitor, resolving any outstanding issues, such as date of entry.
- Contact your present lenders (if any) to inform them of the sale and obtain from them the title deeds to your home. A copy of the deeds will be passed to the buyer’s solicitor.
- Your lenders will also advise us of the amount required to pay off (redeem) your mortgage on the agreed entry date.
- Obtain the various reports and ‘searches’ a buyer will want to see before paying the price.
- Pay off your present loan and account to you for the balance of the price.
- Keep you up to date with progress throughout.
Contact: Audrey Blair, Senior Associate firstname.lastname@example.org T. 0141 221 8012 (Glasgow)