bto solicitors - Corporate & Commercial Business Lawyers Glasgow Edinburgh Scotland

  • "really fights your corner..."
    "really fights your corner..." Chambers UK
  • "Consistently high-quality work and client-friendly approach."
    "Consistently high-quality work and client-friendly approach." Chambers UK

Benefits of Mediation

  • Quick, economic, private and flexible, it can lead to novel and creative ways of resolving disputes, often on terms that allow the commercial relationship between the parties to be preserved.
  • Parties retain a much greater degree of direct involvement in the process, greater control over the way their dispute is dealt with and over the outcome.
  • More than 80% of mediations lead to a settlement on the day, and many of the remaining 20% of disputes go on to be settled within a short period thereafter. If agreement is not reached, litigation or arbitration remain available as options.
  • Mediation can be arranged within days or weeks, rather than the months or years typical of  the formal litigation process.

We believe that different types of dispute require different types of dispute resolution. All of our solicitors are aware of mediation and will advise you if a dispute in which you are involved is suitable for mediation.

ContactsAlan Eadie, Partner /  T. 0141 221 8012

“The level of service has always been excellent, with properly experienced solicitors dealing with appropriate cases" Legal 500

Contact BTO


  • 48 St. Vincent Street
  • Glasgow
  • G2 5HS
  • T:+44 (0)141 221 8012
  • F:+44 (0)141 221 7803


  • One Edinburgh Quay
  • Edinburgh
  • EH3 9QG
  • T:+44 (0)131 222 2939
  • F:+44 (0)131 222 2949