Angus is an Associate who specialises in the defence of all types of public liability claims, employer’s liability claims, road traffic claims, personal injury, beauty therapy claims, credit hire and insurance fraud. Angus also has considerable experience challenging subject access requests and summary applications for the recovery of evidence from his clients pre-litigation. Angus also has experience dealing with product liability claims. Angus deals with both Sheriff Court and Court of Session court actions.
Angus makes regular appearances in the Sheriff Courts across Scotland on behalf of his insurer clients. His court experience includes conducting proofs (trials), summary application hearings, case management hearings, appeals, opposed motion hearings and expenses hearings.
Angus has provided training seminars to clients on a variety of topics including credit hire, expenses, Scottish court procedure, personal injury claims and court reform.
Angus’ recent experience includes:
- Acting for defenders in a wide variety of employer’s liability claims.
- Acting for housing associations in relation to slip and trip cases where there has been suspected fraud.
- Representing both landlords and property management agents in personal injury and property damage claims.
- Assisting clients defend a wide range of occupier liability claims including accidents in schools, hotels and at popular tourist sites.
- Advising a high profile Scottish public body on managing a host of occupier’s liability issues across their large estate.
- Representing clients in of travel claims and offshore accidents involving complex legal issues arising from foreign jurisdictions.
- Representing a large contact lens manufacturer in a complex product liability dispute.
- Assisting a medical practice defend alleged breaches of GDPR.
- Defending landlords, facilities management companies and retailers in a number of Summary Applications seeking to recover documentary and witness evidence from them pre-litigation.
Angus is also currently the department’s Fraud Champion, represents his insurer clients at regular FOIL meetings and is involved in helping to keep the team updated on trends, intel and strategies for combating fraud.