What are the ADVantages?
In the higher courts in Scotland, only advocates or solicitor advocates can appear.
BTO’s solicitor advocates:
- Can and do appear regularly on their own without needing to have instructing solicitors in attendance, avoiding duplication of cost.
- Do not charge disappointment fees.
- Charge only for time spent.
Other ADVantages include:
- You can speak directly to the person who will be conducting and presenting your case in court.
- Our solicitor advocates take an active role in the negotiation and settlement of cases.
- Consistency - We endeavour to run with the same team throughout a case.
- You will have a better control over all aspects of the case, including costs.
- A hands-on approach gives us a greater understanding of your aspirations. We will drive the litigation to a satisfactory conclusion that reflects your commercial objectives.
Contact: Wendy Thomson Partner firstname.lastname@example.org / Paul Motion Partner email@example.com / T: 0131 222 2939