01 October 2015
From 1 October 2015 the national minimum wage rates are increasing.
- The adult rate will increase by 20 pence to £6.70 per hour
- The rate for 18 to 20 year olds will increase by 17 pence to £5.30 per hour
- The rate for 16 to 17 year olds will increase by 8 pence to £3.87 per hour
- The apprentice rate will increase by 57 pence to £3.30 per hour
- The accommodation offset increases from the current £5.08 to £5.35
This is the largest real-terms increase in the National Minimum Wage since 2007, and more than 1.4 million of Britain’s lowest-paid workers are set to benefit.