What We Do
1. We are instructed by a firm and/or their professional indemnity insurers to handle a claim/court action brought against them.
The claim is for alleged negligence or breach of contract. It has arisen out of work handled on behalf of a dissatisfied former client.
2. Relevant information is passed to us and we advise whether, in our opinion, the firm acted negligently.
3. If we conclude that the firm was negligent, we advise whether there is any causal connection between the alleged negligence and the loss the dissatisfied client is seeking to recover.
This task requires us to obtain expert opinions. For example, if the claim is against a surveyor, we will speak to independent specialists experienced in that field of work.
4. If litigation has commenced, we will undertake all necessary steps in the litigation process on behalf of the insurers and their insured.
In acting on behalf of commercial clients in the pursuit of claims against professionals, we will adopt the same procedures and address the same issues:
- Has the professional been negligent?
- Has that negligence resulted in the client sustaining a loss?
- What is the measure of that loss?
Contact: Derek Allan, Partner firstname.lastname@example.org / Alan Eadie, Partner email@example.com / T. 0141 221 8012