Support in Drafting Precognitions / Evidence Gathering and Collation
For any Public Inquiry or Examination, we find a “team” approach to have considerable value and to assist in building a cohesive case.
- Such processes start with an initial meeting to divide responsibilities between team members (e.g. planning, traffic and legal).
- One of the responsibilities that bto would expect to undertake is framing an outline Statement of Case with a list of suggested areas to be covered in witness precognitions for discussion with the client,.
- Each agreed witness would then draft a precognition, and BTO would assist to ensure that all evidence is dovetailed and that there are no inconsistencies (e.g. between reports and precognitions). Typing and transcription services can be afforded to witnesses if required.
- BTO can collate and copy all evidentiary documents for parties to an inquiry / examination ensuring that suitable and sufficient copies are available and are lodged publicly.
- Once precognitions and documents are available for all parties, rebuttal precognitions would be requested of the witnesses and finalised as above with bto’s assistance.
Contact: Marion Davis, Associate email@example.com T. 0141 221 8012