18 August 2017
UK Visas and Immigration has issued updated guidance to help employers prevent illegal working. The new guidance applies to those employed after 8 August.
The guidance includes information about:
- application registration cards which are now issued as biometric documents containing an expiry date
- advice concerning those who claim to have a right to work as a non-European Economic Area (EEA) family member of an EEA national
- advice concerning voluntary work/being a volunteer
- illegal working measures introduced by the Immigration Act 2016, such as closure notices and compliance orders, immigration checks in the licensing regimes for taxis and private hire vehicles and alcohol and late night refreshment
- the employment of international students
The website also contains useful right to work checks for employers.
Contact: David Hoey, Partner firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0141 221 8012