13 February 2018
Increases to statutory maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental and sick pay will be introduced in April 2018.
- From 1 April 2018, statutory maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay will increase to £145.18 a week (which is up from £140.98). Maternity allowance will increase to the same rate on 9 April 2018.
- From 6 April 2018, the weekly rate of statutory sick pay will be increased to £92.05 (up from £89.35).
These figures have all been increased in line with the consumer price index and are no longer subject to the 1% cap that has applied since 2013.
Additionally, from 1 April 2018 NLW is to increase from £7.50 to £7.83 per hour and NMW will increase as follows:-
- 21 to 24 year old rate from £7.05 to £7.38 per hour
- 18 to 20 year old rate from £5.60 to £5.90 per hour
- 16 to 17 year old from £4.05 to £4.20 per hour
- Apprentice rate from £3.50 to £3.70 per hour.
Speak to your BTO expert for more information.
Contact: Lesley Grant Associate email@example.com T. 0141 221 8012